Tue, May 30|
Food Stash Foundation
Community Connections for a Better Future
Join CEP Vancouver, Food Stash Foundation and friends for a unique learning and networking opportunity that will showcase four local organizations that are working together under one roof to create sustainable and social impact in Vancouver.
Date & Location
May 30, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. PDT
Food Stash Foundation, 290 E 1st Ave Unit 100, Vancouver, BC V5T 1A6, Canada
About The Event
Join CEP Vancouver, Food Stash Foundation and friends on Thursday, May 30, for a unique learning and networking opportunity that will showcase four local organizations that are working together under one roof to create sustainable and social impact in Vancouver.
Come and learn about how four local organizations are tackling food waste, providing carbon neutral courier services, supporting autism awareness, and helping seniors break free from social isolation. You’ll hear from impact and sustainability champions, have the chance to ask questions, take a tour of Food Stash Foundation’s facilities, and enjoy networking time with like-minded folks.
Our featured impact and sustainability champions are:
- Carla Pellegrini, Executive Director at Food Stash Foundation
- Brett Surgenor, Brand Manager at Novex Delivery Solutions
- Trever Broadhead, Executive Director at PASS Adult Services
- Jennifer Reid, Director of Business Operations, Vancouver Cycling Without Age Society
Whether you're interested in one or all of these topics, this event is for you! Come and connect with like-minded people, learn about important issues, and enjoy a night of inspiration and connection.
What to Expect
The event will begin at 6pm with an opportunity to mingle before hearing opening remarks from the hosts and a chance to learn about the work of each of the featured organizations, including a Q&A portion for you to ask questions. Food Stash Foundation will then provide a tour of the shared space and their facilities and the event will finish with time for networking and connection. Appetizers and beverages (non-alcoholic) will be provided and the event will end at 8pm.
- Food Stash Foundation: On a mission to reduce the environmental impact of food waste and bridge the food insecurity gap, Food Stash keeps surplus food from going to waste and delivers it to where it’s needed. The organization rescues over 100,000 pounds of food per month, redistributing it to over 35 partner charities and more than 120 members.
- Novex Delivery Solutions: Novex Delivery Solutions was the first courier company in North America to become Carbon Neutral and is a locally owned and operated B-Corp that has been helping Lower Mainland businesses with their delivery needs for more than 35 years. Novex is on a mission to become a truly sustainable organization with a triple bottom line business model that includes social, economic and environmental targets.
- PALS Adults Services Society (PASS): PASS supports individuals with autism and other neuro-developmental disabilities by providing comprehensive programs, services, and housing options. With an approach rooted in a continuum of training, community participation, employment and independent housing opportunities, the organization’s autism-specific, development-based solutions ensure that people can live vibrant, meaningful lives.
- Vancouver Cycling Without Age Society: Cycling Without Age (CWA) is a global movement started in 2012 in Copenhagen that aims to improve the lives of seniors and by reducing social isolation. The organization brings seniors together for bike rides to enjoy fresh air, and conversation. CWA’s partners include senior centres, senior care homes, recreation centres, and organizations that support those with disabilities.
This event is taking place on the ancestral and unceded territories of the Squamish (Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw), Tsleil-Waututh (səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ) and Musqueam (xʷməθkʷəy̓əm) Nations, who have resided on and stewarded the life and waters of these lands since time immemorial.
Pay What You Can
Pay what you want
Choose an amount you would like to contribute. Your donation will support CEP Vancouver's work and help ensure we are able to continue to offer quality events and other programming for Vancouver's environmental and sustainability community.
Pay what you want0